Good googly moogly Y’all! Something you might not know about me is that I have a love affair with food. Food is my blanket when I’m cold, my teddybear when I can’t sleep, and my attention grabber for when I’m feeling lonely. I actually went to culinary school for baking & pastry before deciding that it wasn’t the best career choice for me. I have PTSD so the chaos of a kitchen isn’t the best environment for me on a daily basis. I still love to cook and bake at home though.
So, I saw this recipe on Lindsay’s amazing blog called Life Love & Sugar<–click here!! She has some insanely incredible recipe posts (not to mention some very skillful food photography!) She posted this last night and I knew I had to give it a try. I was literally out the door, on my way to the store within 30 minutes of seeing her post.
So here’s what you’ll need:
- 30 oz bag of frozen hasbrowns
- 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 a chopped onion (I cheated and got the pre-chopped onions at the store)<–no judging allowed
- 8 oz sour cream
- A bit of salt
- 1 cup of melted butter (divided in half)
- 2 cups (or more) of corn flakes (She suggested frosted flakes for some sweetness and I second that suggestion!!)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (I used cream of celery since I’m a vegetarian)
Now is when the magic happens…
- In a large bowl mix the hashbrowns, cheese, onions, sour cream, soup, salt, and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Put in a 9×13 casserole dish (I used my sheet cake pan, shhh don’t tell)
- Combine 2 cups of crushed frosted flakes and 1/2 cup of melted butter. Sprinkle over the casserole (This is my favorite part, freakin geniusness)
- Bake in your oven @ 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes
It makes a lot, but my thought was that I could eat this for breakfast for the next couple days. I normally don’t have time to make myself anything worth eating before school, so I have literally spent over $100 on Starbucks breakfast options in the last month…(not proud of that). What I’m getting at is that I welcome left overs of this hash brown deliciousness with open arms!
Before you leave please make sure to check out Lindsay’s original post! Not only does she have this amazing recipe but oh so much more!! Tell her I sent you!
Life Love & Sugar<–Click me I’m awesome!