I have some crazy news! So, my roommate from my previous year in college is getting married this weekend!! But that’s not my news! One, y’all should know I’m a bridesmaid (YAY!!) I was so flattered of course! She gave me instructions for a darker gray dress, nude heels, and a red shawl. It sounds odd but works well together actually! So after stressing over what kind of dress to get, I decided on an infinity dress. Have you guys heard of these things? It’s one dress, but you can tie it a whole bunch of ways! I got mine off ebay for a steal! (This is still not my news by the way) But here is the picture of the dress:
Go check out her ebay store here <–Click me!
Ok…so now on to the news…
So..y’all know I went to school to study baking & pastry…well that is where I met my roommate that’s getting married. She was the best roommate a girl could ask for, she was a fashion retail major, and I was a baker, so I would bring her food, and she would help me look stylish (or attempt to make me stylish…trust me I had the easier job). So we always joked that she would help me pick out my wedding dress and I would make her cake (joking). But the poor gentleman she hired to do her cake got sick, so guess who’s making a three tiered wedding cake for this weekend!!! This chick!
So this is what I know about the wedding..
- The wedding is Saturday
- I’m driving the multiple hour drive Friday after I take my statistics test that afternoon
- I still need bridesmaid shoes
- I’m making a 3 tiered cake for 100 people to eat
This is what I know about the cake:
- It’s got 3 tiers
- The bottom is yellow cake, and the top two are red velvet
- I’m thinking Swiss buttercream (a wedding classic)
- She has a beach theme, and wants light blue icing.
- I need to learn how to make pieces of edible coral?
- I need to make the cakes & fill and ice them before I leave….
- I NEED DOWELS…or my cake will be The Leaning Tower of Pisa
What I’ve also got to get done this week:
- Write a 10 page literature review for my social work class
- Study for my statistics test
- Attend 2 concerts for my dance appreciation course
- Write paper on said dance concert
- Refill my inhaler
- Not jump off a building…
Has anyone else had experience making wedding cakes? I’ve made a tiered cake before (see below), but something about the “wedding” in front of the “cake” makes is that much scarier…