Oh..my..gosh…y’all! I survived finals week! I didn’t think I would do it but I did! But I have totally neglected to keep you guys in the loop for what has been going on! So here ya go..I studied…wrote an 11 page paper…studied…and made a care package! TA-DA!! I know, I know, I live a “crazy” life! I’m going to show you guys the finished product of the Christmas care package, but my soldier hasn’t gotten it quite yet, so in the mean time I’ll let you guys know the little crafty bits!
I made Snowman Soup & Reindeer Munchies! What do snowmen and reindeer eat, you ask? Well I’m about to show you!
- A hot chocolate pack
- A little baggy of marshmallows
- 2 hershey’s kisses (a little holiday lovin & extra chocolaty goodness)
- 2 mini candy canes (to stir with or snack on)
Then I just put them all in a little plastic gift bag & attached a gift tag with the snowman soup poem! I got the printable from Organized Christmas. The poem says:
“Was told you’ve been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You’ll need to warm the spirit.
So here’s a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It’s sure to do the trick!”
How cute is that?!! Next was the Reindeer Munchies!! Which is also known as puppy chow to some! I got the recipe from Chex.
- 9 cups rice Chex cereal (or any version of chex cereal)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure out your Chex & put it in a BIG bowl!
- Put your chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and microwave for an additional 3o seconds (or until smooth)
- Pour the melted chocolate peanut butter goodness onto your chex cereal (which is in your BIG bowl)
- Stir gently until everything is nice and coated (it doesn’t seem like enough at first but it is I promise!)
- Divide the chocolate covered chex into 2-1 gallon bags
- Put half the powdered sugar in each bag & shake it! (Like a Polaroid picture!)
Then I filled little ziploc snack bags with as much as I could fit, and then I attached labels to the tops with my stapler. I got the idea for the labels from Catie <–Click this link. But I just made them in word by downloading the “Christmas Eve” font off of fontspace.com, then I inserted some snowflake clip art as the background and typed what I wanted it to say! I actually figured out how to make a printable (I think) so you guys can download the labels!! (Insert applause!) But anywho…click this link to download the labels–> Reindeer Munchies Bag Labels
The rest of the care package is on it’s way!! So stay tuned!