The Inspiring Blogger Award:
Nominated by: DIY2EMC
7 Things About Me (Not on my about me page)
- I have had purple, pink, blue, and green hair! (pictures to come once I get my laptop back)
- I have a puppy named Sophie, that I rescued from a local shelter. She’s a black lab mix and is turning 3 very soon! She knows how to sit, shake, lay down, snuggle, and beg for food. (she’s best at the latter)
- I have an obsession with the color purple!
- I’m a video game nerd, I play Dragon Age, Fable, Dungeon Siege, Assassins Creed, and L.A. Noire (on Xbox 360)
- I know almost every word to the movie “Up!” (I ripped this page right out of a library book!)
- I have a weird obsession with mason jars.
- I will do almost anything to get out of washing dishes…and I mean that quite literally!
- **BONUS FACT** I’m a southern/yankee mix: My parents are from the north (Rhode Island & Maryland) but I was born & raised in South Carolina so I use both accents when I’m tired…weird I know…
Liebster Award: (Two Nominations)
Life Readings & Cupcakes Questions:
1. How would you want as your best friend most: Barrack Obama, Brad Pitt, Justin Bieber or Steve Jobs (RIP)?
Steve Jobs…definitely. I don’t particularly care for Justin Bieber or Brad Pitt…Don’t mind Obama, but Steve Jobs had Apple Products 😉
2. What is your favourite movie? And not the one you tell everyone, but the cheesy, embarrassing, which-everyone-hates-but-I secretly-love movie?
I LOVE the movie Practical Magic! I watch it every single time I see it on T.V. I refuse to change the channel when it is on! I cry every time!
3. If you could switch lives with someone who would it be? And why?
I don’t think I would switch lives with anyone…I know…lame! But I’m happy with my life the way it is.
4. What cartoon character do you relate to most?
I think it would have to be Leela off of Futurama, only because I feel like I spend a lot of time cleaning up other people’s messes and keeping them out of trouble.
5. How do you imagine yourself dying?
This is a weird question…I guess if I was to go by my family’s past I would imagine myself dying in a bathroom accident of some sort. We’ve had a lot of family members die in bathrooms…it’s creepy. Although I hope I just pass away in my sleep.
6. What is the most mortifying, embarrassing moment of your life?
There are just so many! I am incredibly awkward & clumsy! I guess the first one that comes to mind is when I sat in Cherry Icee at the movie theaters and it looked like…”a lady accident”…it was awkward because I wasn’t going to be able to get home any time soon..
7. Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer or The Avengers?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
8. Chocolate, lasagne or sweet’n’sour chicken?
Uhhh I’m a pescatarian (meaning I only eat seafood) but I adore sweet’n’sour shrimp!
9. What was the happiest moment of your life?
The happiest moment of my life was probably when my soldier first told me he loved me…
10. Facebook, love or hate? And twitter?
I have a Facebook addiction! I seriously barely ever go an hour without checking it! Twitter not so much though.
11. If you found a genie in a bottle, what would your three wishes be? (And no peace on Earth please).
Ok..1st I would wish for my soldier to just be home! 2nd, I would wish for a miracle to happen and my student loans to just disappear! *poof* And 3rd, I would wish for the opportunity to travel the world without worrying about anything!
Rohan 7 Things Questions:
Do you play a musical instrument?
I do not play an actual instrument…I took both piano, and guitar lessons, but honestly..I suck at them! I can however play my vocal chords! (Aka: I can sing)
Have you ever traveled outside of your home country?
I have not been able to travel outside of the country yet, but it’s something I plan to do! I really want to go to Ireland & Germany.
Can you hold a hand stand for more than 10 seconds?
5 days without eating, or 5 days eating double what you usually would, which would you prefer?
5 Days without eating for sure! I hate that overeating feeling…ugh…plus there’s nothing wrong with a good detox. As long as it’s healthy of course.
If you could have any job, what would you choose?
I want a job where I get to help people and make a difference in the world. Hence why I’m studying to be a social worker!
1 million dollars right now in your bank, or 10 million, but you have to wait 5 years. Which would you choose?
10 million, I would so wait 5 years! It would be worth it, and hopefully by then I’ll have some kids & I’m sure I’ll be thankful for it then! Currently I would probably spend it all on things I really don’t need.
Which planet would you visit?
Uh..hello…it’s space travel?! I’d be happy to go anywhere!!
What animal would you choose to be?
I guess I would like to be my dog…because she’s lazy and literally sleeps all day until I get home..which is when she then switches to snuggling with me. I could live with that!
What was the best moment of 2012?
The best moment of 2012 was probably when I got my first paycheck. I felt so proud of myself, and I knew that I had really worked hard!
What do you hope to achieve in 2013?
In 2013, I hope to bring my grades back up to my standards, and honestly I just want to learn to make myself happy & be the best version of myself that I can be.
Who’s the best person ever?
The best person ever for me, right now in my life is my soldier, James. Not to be super cheesy..but he’s really my soul mate. I feel incredibly lucky to have found someone that makes me smile and makes me laugh, and who I genuinely just enjoy being in his company…It’s such a great feeling!
One Lovely Blog Award:
Nominated By: Life Readings, & Cupcakes (Again!!)
7 Things About Myself:
- I own way too many pairs of yoga pants…4 to be exact…all the same style (from Aerie)
- I can sing, but I hate to sing in front of other people!
- I have a weakness for puppies, and still live with the dream of having a farm so that I can adopt as many puppies as I wish!
- I refuse to hand sew anything…literally…I will avoid it at ALL costs! I hate hate hate hate hand sewing! However, I will sew anything for you on a sewing maching.
- I have planned out my wedding on multiple occasions…In case anyone is wondering, I want a barn wedding with mason jars & tons of wild flowers. (You can check out my wedding etsy treasury here: “You Make Me Want To Say I Do”)
- I have an obsession with Converse Chucks, I have about 7 or 8 pairs…All different colors…And I will wear them no matter how torn up they are! And I will wear them with anything, anywhere! No matter how much people try to get me to wear different shoes!
- I giggle a lot…even when things aren’t funny! I giggle when I’m happy, feeling awkward, when something’s funny, when something’s not funny…I just giggle a lot!
Nominations (These are for both the One Lovely Blog Award & the above Liebster Award)
7 facts about me not listed on my about me page: (This is getting harder each time it gets asked!)
- I work at the front desk of a Quality Inn & Suites! I win over all the guests (well most all of them) with my awkward sweetness & charm. I say awkward because there is not a conversation that goes by where I don’t stumble or stutter over my words.
- I have lived in Columbia, SC my entire life (except for my freshman year of college which was spent in Charlotte, NC); however, I SUCK at giving directions anywhere! To me, everything is just down the street! (Why God made MapQuest…or whoever it was)
- I’m 19 and I do not have my drivers license quite yet…that’s sooo embarrassing! Ok, so the thing is, I have terrible anxiety. So no matter how awesome of a driver I am, sitting in the DMV for 3 hours (it never fails) until the instructor gets in the car and tells me to turn right & I just get tunnel vision and forget the simple things…UGH. But anywho, it’s on my list of things to suck up and do.
- I’m a pescatarian!! This means that I eat fish as my only meat product. No chicken, beef, pork, lamb, anything like that. I gave up meat completely (even fish) during a Lent season a while ago (It’s a Catholic tradition of fasting) and it just kinda stuck. It’s been about 3 years now, I added the fish back because I became really sick due to something else, and it was just easier to fight one battle at a time. I did try to eat chicken a couple months ago…and I literally couldn’t get it in my mouth, there was like an invisible force in the way of my fork & mouth.
- I love retro style glasses! I’ve had to wear glasses since the 1st grade, and my current obsession is getting them kinda cat-eye style? I’m due to get another pair soon & I’m super excited to pick out new frames! Although I really love the ones I have now from Betsy Johnson (I’ll post a picture at the bottom)
- One of my major pet-peeves lately is getting things with cupcakes on them. So, I went to school to become a pastry chef, and I guess when you do that you give people the right to give you everything ever manufactured that has to do with cupcakes? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love cupcakes! But I really really don’t need anything else that’s cupcake themed. However, I do love fingernail polish & shoelaces, in case that threw off anyone’s gift ideas for me.
- One of my goals is to learn American Sign Language. It’s my new years resolution to get started on the basics this year. I think it’s a really awesome skill to have, especially in the field of social work (which is my major). I’ve also just always found it extremely fascinating. Anyone have any tips?
Nominate 7 Bloggers & Tell them you nominated them!! (Little compliments on the side are nice too, I really enjoyed mine from DIY2EMC)
- Rohan 7 Things: This blogger is truly amazing! He wrote his own book!! (Like what, who does that??) <–This Guy
- Miss Marzipan: Her posts always get me thinking about my next project or romp in the kitchen. Not to mention she does everything with such style!
- Beautiful Objects: This lovely blogger & super mom just started a pretty cool series of posts on being purposeful, which is something I can definitely learn from myself!
- Family Life with the Mom who is All Hart: I love love love reading her posts!! Recently she posted some sports cupcakes that are just too cool! She’s a truly inspirational person
- Homemade Delish: I seriously can’t get enough of her awesome recipes! Honestly, the minutes she posted about her mac& cheese & Nutella cake in a mug a couple days ago, I think I was sold for life!
- Life, Love, & Sugar: I’ve nominated her for an award before, but it’s because she’s truly awesome! Her hashbrown casserole recipe (which I reblogged about) is like food heaven! I literally make it way too much! My family has no complaints though! She’s just pretty awesome with the recipes she comes up with!
- My MCM Life: This family…is truly just amazing. I love reading about their updates with their house and beautiful daughter. They’re truly an inspiration!