I feel like I haven’t posted on here in FOREVER! And the truth is I really haven’t. Life has been kind of crazy (it has a tendency to get like that), spring semester of college has officially started, and I’m beginning to feel that little stress monster tapping away at my peace of mind. Random news in my life while I’ve been gone: I got my drivers license! I drove to Walmart all by myself! And got the stuff for this amazing, “world ending” package!!
My theme was Valentines day..but I don’t really like Valentines day that much honestly, so I decided to go with a Happy
Valentines Day Zombie Apocalypse! I actually got too much stuff…and I couldn’t part with any of it so I made 1 zombie safety kit, and 1 supply refill box. I think this is my favorite one yet y’all….What do you think? (Click them to get a better view, the lighting was pretty terrible at 3am this morning)
So The flaps on big gray box say “If I were a zombie, I’d never eat your brains. I’d just want your heart”, although this looks really random, it’s actually from a song that the two of us really love called “The Zombie Song”. It’s also where I got the inspiration for the little stick figure zombies. I drew me as a zombie, and him as a zombie hunter! He’s wearing his Army t-shirt and his PT Belt (safety first) You can check it out here:
and here are my zombie stick figures!
Ok so I guess you want to know whats in it? So many goodies!!
- Apocalypse cookies which I got the idea for from Shards of Blue. I’ll post the recipe in a bit.
- A new Nerf Gun with extra ammo!
- My ipod: he needed a new one and I don’t use mine anymore. I put it in an envelope and labeled it Emergency Communication.
- A Thunder Buddies T-shirt! (From the movie Ted)
- A Zombie Apocalypse Calender (from thinkgeek.com)
- A Zombie survival kit (also from thinkgeek.com)
- A Bite Kit (first aid kit)
- 2 liquid water flavorings
- 2 Energy shots (for when the battles seem to never end)
- Valentine Chocolates (food rations)
- Conversation Hearts (Zombie Feed)
- Altoids (The Zombie Apocalypse is not an excuse for bad breath!)
- A Clemson Tigers Camo Beanie
- A Texas A&M Baseball Cap
- A bag of bendy straws (inside joke)
- Dead Island Video Game (Survival Training)
- A canvas messenger bag to carry it all (well most of it)
I had so much fun making this package!! I think it’s my favorite one so far!
Oh..my..gosh…y’all! I survived finals week! I didn’t think I would do it but I did! But I have totally neglected to keep you guys in the loop for what has been going on! So here ya go..I studied…wrote an 11 page paper…studied…and made a care package! TA-DA!! I know, I know, I live a “crazy” life! I’m going to show you guys the finished product of the Christmas care package, but my soldier hasn’t gotten it quite yet, so in the mean time I’ll let you guys know the little crafty bits!
I made Snowman Soup & Reindeer Munchies! What do snowmen and reindeer eat, you ask? Well I’m about to show you!
We’ll start with the snowman soup. It’s actually kind of like a hot chocolate kit? It has:
- A hot chocolate pack
- A little baggy of marshmallows
- 2 hershey’s kisses (a little holiday lovin & extra chocolaty goodness)
- 2 mini candy canes (to stir with or snack on)
Then I just put them all in a little plastic gift bag & attached a gift tag with the snowman soup poem! I got the printable from Organized Christmas. The poem says:
“Was told you’ve been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You’ll need to warm the spirit.
So here’s a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It’s sure to do the trick!”
How cute is that?!! Next was the Reindeer Munchies!! Which is also known as puppy chow to some! I got the recipe from Chex.
- 9 cups rice Chex cereal (or any version of chex cereal)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure out your Chex & put it in a BIG bowl!
- Put your chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and microwave for an additional 3o seconds (or until smooth)
- Pour the melted chocolate peanut butter goodness onto your chex cereal (which is in your BIG bowl)
- Stir gently until everything is nice and coated (it doesn’t seem like enough at first but it is I promise!)
- Divide the chocolate covered chex into 2-1 gallon bags
- Put half the powdered sugar in each bag & shake it! (Like a Polaroid picture!)
Then I filled little ziploc snack bags with as much as I could fit, and then I attached labels to the tops with my stapler. I got the idea for the labels from Catie <–Click this link. But I just made them in word by downloading the “Christmas Eve” font off of fontspace.com, then I inserted some snowflake clip art as the background and typed what I wanted it to say! I actually figured out how to make a printable (I think) so you guys can download the labels!! (Insert applause!) But anywho…click this link to download the labels–> Reindeer Munchies Bag Labels
The rest of the care package is on it’s way!! So stay tuned!
Happy day after Thanksgiving y’all!
So I got a call from my Mr.Solider this morning while I was running around my house looking for my work shirt, and he got his Thanksgiving care package!! I don’t know who’s more excited, me or him! I love making these boxes of goodies, but it’s always a little nerve racking cause there’s that little voice inside my head that wonders if he’s gonna like it, or if I officially crossed the line from “cool nerd” to “holy shiznitz my girlfriend’s weird”. So…I’ll let you decide today…
I decided to go with a Fall/Thanksgiving theme for this one, since it’s Fall and..well it was Thanksgiving, but it’s not my fault his post office was closed yesterday! But can we take a minute to admire my timing skills? I sent him a package for Thanksgiving, and had the post office been open, he would have gotten it either the day before, or ON Thanksgiving! BOOYAH! I’m a pro now! But anywho, I wanted to create a kind of Thanksgiving feast in snacks. So this is what I came up with:
- Turkey Jerky = Holiday Turkey
- Mini boxes of Craisins = Cranberry Sauce
- Sweet Potato Chips = Sweet Potato Casserole
- Little Pumpkin Pie Debbie Cakes = Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Cider
- Salted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 boxes of Cracker Jacks
- Big bag of Rolos = Best candy known to man kind (His opinion)
- 3 disc DVD set: Charlie Brown Holidays
- Icing Packets (Oreo and S’more)
- Cake in a Mason Jar <–Click for DIY Post
- Thanksgiving Card (signed by yours truly)
So I found this autumn leave scrap booking paper, and I thought it was adorable!! It turned out to be kinda in your face…really in your face…but I thought it was still cute! So then I cut out the little triangles out of some hay patterned paper (I know, totally matches, NOT) and fashioned them into a banner of sorts that elegantly states “I Love You”. Then I made these little “Why I’m Thankful for You” cards on my computer (I may make a post about them at some point) and stuck them around the flaps of the box. I don’t think this man ever has to question if I love him, just by the amount of crafts I make him that say so!